The national emergency number within Australia for police, ambulance or fire brigade is 000.
Fiji nationals visiting Australia should call the Fiji Consulate-General in Sydney or the Fiji High Commission in Canberra in the event of an emergency that requires consular assistance.
Contact Number for Fiji Consulate General’s office in Sydney: (02) 9900 0700
Contact Number for Fiji High Commission, Canberra: (02) 6260 5115
Please note that the Fiji Consulate-General Sydney and the Fiji High Commission Canberra cannot:
- Resolve Australian immigration issues such as illegal entry or expired visas;
- Intervene in court cases; or bail a Fiji National out of prison; pay for legal advice or services; initiate investigation of a crime or start court proceedings for you;
- Organize get you better treatment for you in hospital or prison than is generally given to Australians;
- Pay your hotel, legal, medical or any other bills;
- Pay your travel costs,
- Pay for the repatriation of human remains/body;
- Do work normally done by travel agents, airlines, banks or motoring organisations;
- Get you somewhere to live, a job or work permit.
The Consulate General and High Commission can only provide policy advice in relation to matters listed above where applicable.
We will also be able to provide you with information on how to access certain services and contact family and friends on your behalf.